Δραστηριότητες σχετικά με το Ρεμπέτικο στην Ύδρα

Όπως έχω ανακοινώσει και στο παρελθόν, ο φίλος μου Ed Emery, Άγγλος εθνομουσικολόγος του SOAS (School for Oriental and African Studies) του Πανεπιστημίου του Λονδίνου, διοργανώνει κάθε χρόνο στην Ύδρα μίαν εκδήλωση σχετικά με το ρεμπέτικο. Με παρακάλεσε να κοινοποιήσω την εφετεινή ανακοίνωση στα μέλη και επισκέπτες του φόρουμ μας και το κάνω με ευχαρίστηση. Ζητώ συγνώμη γιατί αυτή τη στιγμή δεν έχω το χρόνο να μεταφράσω την ανακοίνωση στα Ελληνικά. Εξυπακούεται βεβαίως ότι μέλη και επισκέπτες του φόρουμ είναι ευπρόσδεκτοι στις εκδηλώσεις αυτές. Το κείμενο:

[i]Dear Colleagues,

For those of you who are interested in the musics of the Eastern Mediterranean.

1. Rebetiko @ SOAS is alive and well! Our regular Monday night rebetiko sessions will resume at the start of term. All welcome. For further details, e-mail rebetiko@soas.ac.uk

2. On the weekend of Saturday 1 - Sunday October we have our annual [/i][i]Rebetiko Gathering on the Greek island of Hydra. An informal affair this year. Music, song and dance. Call in, if you happen to be passing.

3. On Monday night 3 October we are doing a night of rebetiko at the [/i]“Apanemia” club, in the Plaka, Athens, on the slopes of the Acropolis. A lovely little club, with a long history in matters of political resistance and progressive music-making. Do join us. Address: Tholou 4, Athina 105 56, [i]Greece - Phone: +30 21 0324 8580. We start at 21.30. Admission free.

4. More importantly for the purposes of this List - next year we are thinking to re-start the CONFERENCE aspect of our Gathering in Hydra. In other words, a conference on rebetiko music and the associated genres of Eastern [/i][i]Mediterranean music. The proposed date is the weekend of 30 September - 1 October. Our past conferences were enjoyable, informative and academically productive - but for a while we foundered on the rocks of corrupt local politicians, institutional indifference and Greece’s economic crisis. We are now afloat again. If you would be interested to propose a paper for that conference, please write to the above e-mail address.

On with the music!

With rebetological greetings,

Ed Emery [/i]

Μέχρι να γίνει κι αυτό, ας σημειωθεί ότι από τις τέσσερις ανακοινώσεις η πρώτη ΔΕΝ αφορά τους περισσότερους από μας - το SOAS είναι στο Λονδίνο.