Hellenic Festival in NYC

Hi everyone,

My work computer refuses to write Greek characters, so I have to use English (Grenglish is too complicated for me!). For our American residents, here is an interesting program from the 2004-2005 Hellenic Festival in NYC. Will Grigoris M. participate-I didn’t find anything in the program, but I might have missed something.

Take care, Eva
http://www.nypl.org/hellenic/about.html

Γεια σου Ευα…!!
Ως συνηθως κατι τετοιες εκδηλωσεις γινονται με τροπο αρκετα “ελιτιστικο”…
κι ετσι η “παρεα μας” Ο ΜΙΚΡΟΚΟΣΜΟΣ , μενει στα δικα του …ενω εχει την μεγαλυτερη και την κατα το πλειστον μονη συνεχη και συνεπη δραστηριοτητα με μουσικες εκδηλωσεις παραδοσιακου χαραχτηρα…!
Στο προγραμμα που διαβασα δεν υπαρχει ουτε ενα “καθαροαιμο” Ελληνικο( υπαρχει ενα “μπασταρδεμενο”) παραδοσιακο μουσικο συγκροτημα ενω τα σοπρανα περισσευουν…Μ’ αλλα λογια τιποτα παραξενο η καινουργιο…δυστυχως.
Εμεις εχουμε το δικο μας αφιερωμα στη Σμυρνη-Μικρα Ασια- Προσφυγια στις 10 του Δεκεμβρη.
Οι φιλοι της Νεας Υορκης ας μη το χασουν…!!

PRESS RELEASE 

On Friday December 10th 2004, at 7:30 PM , The Hellenic Cultural Center of the will present a musical-historical event on:
ASIA MINOR-SMYRNA 1922-REFUGEES

HISTORY & MUSIC 

The event is produced under the supervision of Mr. Gregoris Maninakis and will feature:

a)  VIDEO showing in greek,  of “THE ASIA MINOR DISASTER”  provided to the  Center by the “Archives Museum” of  ERT , the   Hellenic Public  Radio and Television  agency. 

b) A live musical presentation of songs about the Smyrna disaster  

from the works of the renown composers Apostolos Kaldaras and Dimos Moutsis from their works ASIA MINOR and AGIOS FEVROUARIOS.

c) Authentic traditional songs of Smyrna and Asia Minor.

The musical part of the show will be performed by:

Gregoris Maninakis, vocalist
Glafkos Kontemeniotis/ keyboards
Kostas Psarros tzoura/guitar/bouzouki
George Hadjimarkou bouzouki/guitar
Beth Cohen/violin
Mavrothi T. Kontanis/outi
Robert Maloney/percussion .
Narration/Recitation:

.Loukas Skipitaris

This “not to be missed “ event will take place at the theatrical space of the Hellenic Cultural Center of the Archdiocese on Crescent Street and Newtown Road in Astoria.( 27-09 Crescent Street Astoria)
It is recommended that seating be reserved in advance as the capacity of the theatre is limited. FREE PARKING will be available. Information at : 718-626-5111