An interesting publication is being presented tomorrow at the Benaki Museum: grd REBETIKO
And here’s an article about the related exhibition that has just opened:
I think it’s well worth a visit!
And here’s the issue, available to buy:
I’m leafing through the issue and enjoying its excellent typographic design, as well as the artists’ wonderful inspirations. I also went to the Exhibition, and it was fascinating to see the original posters in their 70 × 100 format.
At the beginning, as we read the interesting discussion with Kounadis, we also enjoy photographs of musical instruments in his possession. The two Tountas mandolins, made by Mourtzinou, stand out, as do, of course, the instruments belonging to Yovan Tsous.
Besides the small and large tampouras, however, we also see a trichordo bouzouki, likewise made by Lazaridis/Pesmatzoglou, which is referred to as “Yovan Tsous’s bouzouki”.
Do we know anything more? Personally, I had been under the impression that only the two tampouras existed…
And here’s a wonderful article in LIFO to corroborate what Anthimos said above!
Fresh off the press!