A Greek-English expression?

Is this “αγνόηση” an established term in Greek? Perhaps a verb would be preferable here: update/ignore. I’m becoming a language purist in my old age :face_with_monocle:

I think “ignore” conveys the meaning of “disregard”, “neglect”, or “defy”.

Of the three, “disregard” seems the closest to me. I can’t think of anything else.

In any case, this “the draft is being processed” is flawed.

“It is being processed/is undergoing processing” would be correct.

For a single-word alternative, for now I can’t find anything better than “is being developed” or “is pending”, although with these the meaning shifts somewhat.

1 Like

I think the two prompts, “Refresh / Ignore”, are correctly chosen for these particular actions. The message “The draft is being edited in another window” is not correct Greek. I would prefer something like “The draft is being edited in another window”.

1 Like

“It processes it” is completely wrong (what is the draft processing?).

As for “ignoring”, I don’t know whether it’s wrong; perhaps it’s a little unnatural, but in any case, isn’t the usual term in such cases “omission”?}

Personally, I would use both “ignoring” and “overlooking” just as readily (for this specific case!).

1 Like

The subject processes the object. The object does not process itself :slight_smile:

1 Like

We changed the text; it will now be:

This draft is being edited in another window. Please refresh this page.

On the other hand, I think “ignore” remains an established term, so we’ll leave it.

3 Likes

Thank you, Christos!

1 Like