I am interested in the origin, the musical structure and the various recorded versions of the zeimbekiko “Enas Mangas sto votaniko”. I have found from my archives only following 6 versions related to the song:
- “GKIOYZEL” instrumental by Politakia (Peristeris ?)from the record “To Elliniko Laiko Tragudi Stin Ameriki 1917-1938”, Afoi Falirea 22/23.
- “TAXIMI ZEIMBEKIKO” instrumental by Markos Vamvakaris (with Sp. Peristeris) 1936, Archio Ellinikis Diskografias No 01, Markos Vamvakaris I.
- “AIVALIATIKO” instrumental by Jorgos Mitsakis, (a part of the solo).
- “ENAS MANGAS STO VOTANIKO” sung by Kazantzidis.
- “O VOTANIKOS” sung by Sp. Zagoraios, (special words), NINA RECORDS N 642.
- “STA BUZUKIA KE STA KABARE” sung by Th. Kavurakis, Panivar PA 5695.
As this song must have been very popular there should be many more recorded versions available. Could you perhaps help me finding more? I am interested in old as well as new versions.
Do you have an idea of the dromos used? The main part of the song is obviously in Sabah, but what about the two first bars of the intro?